Thursday, January 15, 2009

Day One

The PA came in and said that THIS is Day One -- yesterday, the day of surgery is really Day Zero. Hm-m-m-m, okay!

Gosh! I'm thrilled to report that our pt is doing ever so well! If I didn't know better, I'd say this is Day Five! He's up and out of bed to walk with a walker to go potty and to sit up at the side of his bed and eat his meals. PT folks are impressed with his progress. Alan still wants to go to rehab on Saturday, however, because he wants all the PT he can get so he can get better faster. And he wants to stay for as long as our insurance allows. He's afraid I won't push him hard enough! (That's pretty smart, now that I think about it.)

Big gun drugs are sure making him itch, poor guy. I'm about out of lotion to calm him down -- guess I'll go beg some from a nurse.

We just finished watching a great movie . . .

Friends and family have been dropping by all day with flowers and good wishes . . .

Lovely personal emails to cheer him up . . .

Even the food is good around here!

What more could a nice guy ask for?

Thank you so much for your prayers and good thoughts. Alan's across the room telling me to tell you he loves you all and will soon be back in action dancing a tango all the way down Sycamore to show our neighbors how well he's recovering. (Which is strange, because I've never seen him dance a tango before!)

I apologize for not replying promptly to all your nice emails. Will do so tomorrow!

Nitey-nite!
Lindy-Lou

No comments:

Post a Comment